Short Ocean announcements
- MPA Action Agenda is calling for Push Project applications for small-scale funding for projects that address local and regional bottlenecks for the establishment and effective management of MPAs. The deadline is 31st January.
- Input needed for European Commission’s stakeholder survey, "Reducing marine litter: actions on single use plastics and abandoned, lost or otherwise discarded fishing gear", as part of the follow-up to the EU Strategy on Plastics. The consultation is open until the 12th February.
- Nominations are being accepted for the Marine Conservation Institute’s 2018 Global Ocean Refuge awards. Click here to learn more and nominate a MPA!
- See how you can support the March for the Ocean, scheduled for the 9th June 2018, which will hopefully be the largest mass movement for the Ocean to date.
- The UN announces its decade of Ocean science for sustainable development, 2021–2030.
- Support Ocean education in classrooms worldwide by donating to the Kickstarter Campaign to support the WORLD OCEAN EXPLORER. The goal is to raise $50,000 by the 7th February.