Rebecca Hubbard – Born and bred on the Australian coast, people often ask why I’m in Europe working on fisheries. Why would I...more
- Karen Sack – In the United Kingdom huge audiences have been entranced by the David Attenborough's magnificent new BBC series – Blue Planet 2. ...more
- EU ministers agreed to set the cod quota for western Baltic cod at four times higher than the most cautious scientific advice, despite the stock being critically overfished.
- Japan undertakes large-scale deep-sea mineral extraction
- Researchers and activists in UK campaigning to protect delicate island ecosystems in the Antarctic
- Congressional efforts to open up Arctic National Wildlife Refuge would despoil one of America’s most pristine places
- Tuna fishing giants call for global cap on capacity
- Sea levels to rise 1.3 metres unless coal power ends by 2050
- Tiny Plastic particles build up in fish brains and alter their behaviour
- New study of fish traders in coastal Kenya shows women largely occupied fisheries with the lowest profits and are not saving money while working in these fisheries.
- Study shows catching a diversity of fish species—instead of specialising—means more stable income for fishers
- New study shows need for an integrated approach to understand the effects of climate change on Antarctic marine ecosystems.